Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kyoto. I came back here to see more of the temples and parks I missed last time. The leaves are changing, and they are beautiful. It's difficult to describe just how well this city combines the natural with the historical and cultural. My pictures really aren't doing the place justice.















I started out at the park where I had ended up last time, just south of the museums in eastern Kyoto. I headed north east to Shoren-in temple/gardens.

































































Next, I walked near the zoo toward the old aqueduct, which was pretty cool. Then I headed into Nazen-in, which had one of the more impressive gardens I've seen so far.































After that I wandered a bit, and I'm honestly not certain what this next temple was,, something zen-like, but beyond that I'd have to look at a map to remember. Impressive, nonetheless.


































Then I went up 'the philosiphers path', a 2 kilometer walkway along a canal. It had been misty/raining off and on most of the day, so unfortunatly alot of my pictures are dark,, sorry about that.















My final destination was Ginkaku-ji, the silver pavilion (except that they never actually got around to covering it with silver). But shiny metal or no, the grounds around the pavilion were amazing- and meticulously well kept.









Not much written in this entry, but the pictures speak for themselves. Or they would, had it been a little less rainy and they'd turned out a bit better. Hopefully I'll have pictures up of the aquarium soon (which was amazing), but for now I'll just put a ton of autumn leaves on the blog. It's funny, in America if you see dozens of Japanese maple trees in a town it's impressive. Here there are hundreds,,,








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home