Sunday, September 17, 2006

40 hours later

where to start.

first off, I'll have a section with 'the engrish phrase'. This one definitly wins the prize here. It's funny some of the stuff people wear on t-shirts here,, one girl was actually wearing a t-shirt that said 'orgasm' on the back. I wonder if she knew what it meant. There was also this second one, which I will dub the 'we reject political correctness' sign.

Anyway, this kiss pic came from a random electronics store, that was in the same building as a grocery store, and a 100 yen (dollar) store. And on that note, the 100 yen store had some good stuff in it. I've also found pokey, which is a really good flavored-chocolate-on-a-stick candy.

I also asked someone what time it was, and he understood me and showed me his watch! huge triumph.

I wish I could adequatly convey how large this city is. It's ginormously huge. Here are a few pics of the skyline, from various parts of the city I visited. The first pics are from this 300 ft (I think) ferris wheel they have on the roof of one of the department stores. The latter pics are from the umeda sky building (aka, building of awesomeness). You can see the ferris wheel from it- see how much higher it is?

I'm also waking up at 5:00-6:00, and going to bed around 8:00-10:00,, never thought I'd say that. But the mornings here are pleasant, and sunrise is around 5:45, so it's all good. There's a park in the hills/mountains just behind our dorm that I've taken to exploring in the mornings. There's a graveyard behind it,, thier headstones are different, interesting.

We also tried conveyor belt sushi, which was pretty awesome. Had eel sushi, which I found surprisingly good. Today, they're taking us to Osaka castle- hopefully I'll have a new thread up for that tonight :)

jak














1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I recognize the kaiten sushi place you went to- the older guy with glasses is the one that would sit and watch us while we ate everything, and wait for a reaction. If I never told you that story, I'll be sure to. You still have to go to Sushiro- it's 100 yen/plate. GOOOOOOD FOOOOOD! :) Glad you are exploring already!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home