Monday, December 11, 2006

And so my time here comes to a close.

In about 29 hours, my jet lagged self will sit itself down in a bed at the holiday inn. I doubt I'll sleep much, as that will be noon Osaka time.

This blog is drawing to a close as well. There will be a few more posts of stuff I never managed to get up here (mino, farwell party's, karaoke, along with a handful of other things), but that will be more to put all my thoughts in one place than anything else.

So in closing, I'll leave this with 'things I'll miss'. Alot of these won't make sense to someone who's never been here, so if you're curious, just ask me and I'll tell you at least a mildly interesting story :)

I'll miss:
Doors that push open.
Trains.
Katsudon.
The bakery across from the post office with the super nice people.
Hot chocolate out of the vending machine, that is indeed hot.
raiding the fare adjustment boxes.
singing and breakdancing like no one was wathing them.
sushi ro.
japanese maples. there's no color they don't turn.
kyoto.
my labmates. all twenty of them.
engrish. 'hair is fiber'
living in the future.
convenient convenience stores.
heated seat toilets.
souvenirs.

I'll miss a few phrases, too:

"I will try"
"maybe,,"
"so des ne"
"victory!"


in closing, I'd like to ask anyone who's reading this to add a final quick comment,, I'd appreciate it,, so I can have a record of everyone who read my Japanese story.

Thanks all- be back with you guys soon*,

joey


*by soon, I mean I leave 1:15 P.M. tuesday (local time), and get into columbia around 10:15 p.m. tuesday (local time). The time change creates the illusion that there won't be nearly 24 hours of airplanes/layovers :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I read every entry. I'm living Japan vicariously through you (and understanding almost every 'memory' you have... it all makes sense to me! I can't wait to have you guys back here, but I also feel sad as you all do. I know what it's like to fall in love with a place- Osaka in particular- and then have to come back home, to 'reality'. All good things must come to an end, and that doesn't mean that you won't be back again. I'm certain you will. I'm really glad you got this opportunity, Joey. I'll see you at the airport tonight! :) -Ashley

10:32 AM  
Blogger heythisisval said...

I enjoyed your blog, you'll have to go somewhere else soon that's entertaining.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Tupacs Love Child said...

Joey, you are indeed, Priceless. Thanks for cussing on my blog, I noticed it before you pointed it out!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hey Joey, I was reading your blog periodically while you were in Japan, but for some reason never came back to read your last few posts. Ok, so I'm a year late...

I can relate to your stories better now considering that I'm wrapping up 4 months of living in London. I've been here working and enjoyed it, but I'm also looking forward to going home.

Anyway, great photos. I enjoyed them and your stories.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home