Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Birthday :)

The day began with before morning hike up to the park behind my dorm (and I should emphasize the 'up' part, it's a pretty steep trail to the top). There have a little observation tower thing, which I made it to in time to see the sunrise.


































I stoped at the bakery I go to every morning, and actually managed to explain (in Japanese) that I turned 25. Not only did they give me a free pastry fresh out of the oven, but when I went back the next day, they'd made me my own special present (below are pics of what I bought, stuff they had, and the freebys they gave me)


Later at school, I brought some food into the lab. I was also given some pastries from Clare, who knew of my particular affinity for baked goods.

Later that evening, we went out for pizza in shinshibasha (that is most likely mispelled, but it's something like that). Some of it was pretty out there (ever had corn, or shrimp or squid on pizza?), but there was also a few more recognizable toppings, like peppers and pepperoni.






























Later, Tim and Dane presented me with a gift I can only call well themed :). I stand impressed by their attention to detail, and now have aliens sitting in my window.


However, many of the students in the lab were gone on a trip to Tokyo on tuesday,, so I think there's a plan of some sort to do something partyish friday,, we'll see how that goes :)

in other news, the power cord for the laptop came in- no more toolbars laden with katakana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home